2012 Mobile Star Awards Winner:
> Enterprise Mobile Device Management - Plixer Scrutinizer
1 Eagle Dr. Suite 6
Sanford, ME 04073
(+1) 201-252-8900 x4226
Matt St. Jean, mattstj [at] plixer.com
Company Structure: Private Company, established in 1999
Number of Employees: 35
Operating Systems Supported: All Web Browsers
Products & Services Summary:
Scrutinizer is a tool that provides incredibly detailed network utilization information for the users and applications that are causing the most traffic. Through NetFlow Technology, Scrutinizer is able to retrieve the traffic details and present them in a flexible graphical view.
In addition to Scrutinizer, Plixer’s Flow Analytics brings traffic flow diagnostics to the next level by adding historical reporting, advanced alarming, and in-depth traffic analysis algorithms to the Scrutinizer software. It can easily identify Top Applications, Conversations, Flows, Protocols, Domains, Countries, Subnets on the network, as well as watch for and alert on suspicious or potentially hazardous network behavior patterns.
We take a multi layered approach to detecting unwanted network behaviors by using something called NetFlow Telemetry. All flows are put through dozens of Flow Analytic algorithms which look for nefarious traffic patterns such as network scans and unwanted protocols, that could be trying to fly under your watchful radar.
Not wanting to limit our customers to the algorithms we ship with, Scrutinizer can also be configured to watch for custom unwanted traffic patterns such as mail traffic not involving the local mail server or DNS traffic to hosts other than the local DNS servers. Excessive traffic to facebook.com or other web sites can also be monitored.
Scrutinizer 10 has improved upon this product in several ways, including:
- New Mapping – multiple connections from the same device, animated links, dependencies, and a newer look and feel of maps
- IP Groups – now show traffic between customized groups of IP addresses
- Report Designer – the advanced reporter that allows users to create their own report types
- Virtual and Hardware Appliances – for higher volumes and an alternative to a windows install
- New “Advanced Reports Module” includes Cisco and Citrix advanced reports, 3rd party Integration, Billing capabilities, email and Syslog monitoring.
- The latest OpenSSL, PHP, MySQL, and Apache for added security.
- A new algorithm has been added to Flow Analytics: ASA Denied Flow