XenMobile Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Solutions by Citrix provide industry leading security and controls for devices, applications and data. Here we’ll look at what sets XenMobile apart from other EMM and MDM offerings, and what’s new in the latest version.
XenMobile supports all layers of the EMM stack including unified endpoint management (UEM), mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), enterprise file sync/share (EFSS), productivity apps and secure mobile gateway. By owning products for all layers of the EMM stack, Citrix is able to easily build integrations between the layers delivering a superior experience for both end-users and IT.
Making XenMobile unique among EMM products is that it includes a full suite of secure productivity apps including Secure Mail, Secure Web, Secure Notes, Secure Tasks, ShareFile and Quick Edit. All of these applications have been built to work together as a single system allowing users to be more productive.
XenMobile’s latest EMM features
The latest version of XenMobile (10.6) includes new features that deliver a virtual smartcard experience, enhanced security and calendar capabilities. New, updated versions of Secure Hub and Secure Mail for both public app store and Enterprise models, as well as an update to the MDX Toolkit, are part of the latest capabilities. Additionally, XenMobile 10.6 includes an updated Enterprise version of Secure Web for iOS and Android for customer download only (no public app store).
XenMobile 10.6 client release highlights include:
- Derived Credentials (Secure Hub) device enrollment support through a partnership with Intercede. The MyID for Citrix iOS application required for this feature will be available soon.
- Per app VPN for Android (Secure Hub) with support for Citrix VPN client (NetScaler).
- Personal Calendar overlay improvements (Secure Mail) – Secure Mail now notifies users when they make a calendar event that conflicts with events in their native calendar. Secure Mail also notifies users when scheduling a meeting during time labeled as Free Busy. Additional fields appear for personal events as well. Users can see whom an event is from and can show the invitee count.
- Exchange Active Sync 16 (Secure Mail) support for customers upgrading to the latest version of EAS.
XenMobile Server 10.6 feature release highlights include:
- Derived Credentials for iOS is a passwordless mode of enrollment for iOS devices that delivers a virtual smartcard experience. In this mode, enterprises are required to have 10.6 Secure Hub, XenMobile Server, MyID for Citrix (mobile app) and Intercede PKI for certificate distribution.
- Windows 10 Unified Endpoint Management – Locate Device policy. If a laptop is lost or stolen it can be identified and tracked.
- Windows Information Protection (WIP) support protects against potential leakage of enterprise data on company or employee owned devices. WIP guards against accidental data leaks through the ability to specify which apps can or cannot access enterprise data.
- Enhanced integration with Azure Active Directory – Previously, XenMobile supported Azure Active Directory for device authentication. Citrix has now added support which allows AAD to be used as the Identity Provider for XenMobile deployments.
- New iOS policies – A new version control policy allows IT to force iOS version updates. Additionally, Citrix has added Wi-Fi enhancements to support Cisco FastLane which provides quality of service and bandwidth priority based on the specific application use case.
Citrix Workspace Suite, XenDesktop, XenMobile, Secure Apps, and Secure Forms are enabling customers to truly transform their business with innovative new technology. For more information, please visit: citrix.com/products.html.
XenMobile is a “Best of 2017” winner in MobileVillage’s 16th Annual Mobile Star Awards:
“Best of 2017” Mobile Star Awards Sponsor & Winner:
Mobile Devices & Apps Management — XenMobile
Mobile Team Collaboration — ShareFile
2016 Mobile Star Awards Sponsor & Winner:
[Consumer] Remote Desktop App — ShareConnect
Mobile Data Capture & Forms — Secure Forms
Mobile Devices & Apps Management — XenMobile
Mobile Enterprise Enhanced Email — Secure Mail
Mobile Remote Desktop Access — XenDesktop
Mobile Team Workspace — Citrix Workspace Suite
Structure: Public Company (CTXS), established in 1989
OS Supported: Android, Apple iOS, Apple Mac, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Windows
Recent Citrix Mobile News & Blog Posts:
End Citrix XenMobile enterprise mobility management or EMM and MDM profile